Tuesday, September 06, 2005

ahem:

AAAAAUGH!

I hate me some packing. I've gotten to the point where I've decided that if it isn't in my bag already, I don't need it. Besides, it probably won't fit into my bag which holy hell how did it get so full? But things are in there. And I can't really think of anything else I really need to do. Have my passport and my wallet... Have stuff to do on the plane. Have my flight info and John's info and hotel info and recommendations from Annie as to places to go.

I should shower. That would be clever, pre-flight.

I wanted you all to know something:

I was totally right about my dad being wrong about the cell phone! Ha! Except Damn!, because his deal sounded really good. Any call made or received involving my cell phone in Europe will have the 99¢/minute fee. Period.

So I have a calling card and plans to get a cell phone over there.

It's a little weird. I haven't been on a cross-ocean flight for about three years. It's only six hours which, to me, feels like nothing since I'm all used to 8+ hour drives. And this time I'll get to knit (assuming my wooden needles are okay to take on board -- you know how many planes get hijacked with knitting needles) or sew or read or sleep (hah). And get drooled on by fellow sleeping passengers. And that's nice.

I'm also supposed to be cleaning off my floor, but I don't feel like doing that. I've hit the point of not giving a damn. If I have all my stuff, swell, if I don't, it's just that much less I have to carry. Know what I mean?

Off to try and not be crazy. Whee!

No comments:

Visitor Count (hi!)