Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Before I left the States, as we Americans-Abroad call them, people told me extended stories about how, during this trip I would Grow and Change and isn’t life the most amazing thing, with the Growing and Changing on this trip that will allow Growth and Change?

I scoffed at them. I freely admit this. I scoffed. Sometimes audibly, when their backs were turned and I could blame it on the dog.

And damn it y’all, they were kind of right. You know me, yes? You all have some idea as to who I am, and if you don’t, I will let you in on a highly classified secret about me:

I dance all the time. I don’t mean in the grocery store or anything (necessarily), but I am known for driving an upwards of three hours to go dancing. When in the correct geographical area (that I cannot, for the life of me, ever, ever locate on a map) I will often dance three, four, or five times a week, depending on how many dances happen to be scheduled.

This is really all you need to know about me for this to make any kind of sense.

There is a dance of the swing variety happening at this very minute and I am sitting on my bed typing to you people (though, to be honest, mostly to myself).

Let me repeat: there is a dance right now and I am not in attendance.

I don’t know what happened. A major reason that I left Inverness today was so that I could go dancing. And then I came back here and had dinner and a beer and oh my does sleep sound good. And if not sleep, then just lying in bed under the covers will do just fine, thank you.

Maybe it’s waking up at 8:30, or the four-hour train ride, or less-than-good sleep the past two days. Or maybe I’m just a lazy bum who doesn’t feel like walking to the dance and back again. Whatever. Either way, I’m pretty glad to be sitting on my duff.

No comments:

Visitor Count (hi!)